If a shareholder finds itself concerned about the way
the company is being run to the detriment of his interest, he may be
able to take steps to affect the conduct of the directors.
own the company and it is important that their rights are understood
and upheld. If you want general advice on your position as a
shareholder, please contact our Corporate team
A shareholder may be concerned about:
- Conduct of the directors and potential breaches of their duties.
- Breaches of shareholder agreements or the articles of association of the company.
- Decisions in relation to distribution of dividends.
The correct legal action depends on the particular circumstances. We can advise you of your options, which may include:
- Injunctive relief
- Seeking compensation for loss suffered
- Seeking an order compelling the company to purchase your shareholding
- A derivative action on behalf of the company
- Dissolution of the company
Quick and effective action needs to be taken to protect shareholder
interests. Should you wish to discuss a potential dispute, please do not
hesitate to contact us.