This is a process which ensures that both
parties provide sufficient information to enable the Court to make an
Order if the parties themselves cannot reach an agreement.
Once issued the Court provide a timetable. We will advise you in
detail as and when it becomes necessary but briefly it involves:
- The issue of the Application
- Lodging a Statement of Financial Information
- Dealing with any questionnaires
- First Directions which the Court will ensure that all necessary but proportionate information is obtained
- A Financial Dispute Resolution which is in effect compulsory mediation by the Court
- A Final Hearing in default of agreement
There can be a settlement by agreement at any stage.